The Palestinian Health Ministry announced that a 16-year-old Palestinian boy was killed by Israeli fire on Thursday during a raid and arrest in the occupied West Bank city of Nablus.
Palestinian health officials said Amer Abu Zeitoun died after being shot in the head by Israeli soldiers.
The official Palestinian News Agency (WAFA) also reported that Abu Zeitoun was killed in clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers during an army raid.
The Israeli army has not commented on the incident.
This is the latest bloodshed in a region that has seen tensions between Israel and the Palestinians escalate for almost a year.
Earlier this week, an Israeli human rights organization reported that 2022 was the deadliest year for Palestinians since 2004 during the Palestinian uprising.
The Israeli army has been conducting near-daily raids on Palestinian cities and towns following a series of Palestinian attacks that killed 19 people last spring.
About 150 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem last year, according to B’Tselem’s statistics, making 2022 the bloodiest year since 2004, when 197 Palestinians were killed.
The Israeli military says most of the Palestinians killed were militants. However, stone-throwing youths and others who protested against the raids and others who did not participate in the clashes were killed.
Israel says the raids are aimed at dismantling networks of Palestinian militants and preventing future attacks, while the Palestinians see these operations as a consolidation of 55 years of Israeli occupation of the West Bank with no end in sight.